Monday, August 24, 2009

Bunker, Bunker, Bunker

This is the roof of the bunker. The three blocks glued to the roof are to make it easy to line up when you take the roof on and off.
I mixed some plaster and made hills all around the bunker to repel enemies charging the bunker. The spikes are made from bamboo skewers sharpened with a pencil sharpener.
I am going to paint the base brown and put grass flocking onto the hills surrounding the bunker.

With the bunker almost completed, I am extremely happy with the way that it came out. I think it will look really nice on the tabletop.

Sunday, August 23, 2009


I thought I would work on a IG bunker for the IG/Necron campaign that me and my buddy are playing. I used blocks from made from a casting set found online. I was very pleased with the way the blocks came out of the mold.
I have to wait for the glue to dry before I can glue the back wall to the two sides. Hopefully I can upload the pics tomorrow.
I made the walls in sections so that I would be easier to put the entire bunker together.
I still have to glue the walls together, make some sort of roof, and I think I am still going to add some sort of entryway instead of just leaving an open door. Maybe some sort of hallway.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Necron Figs

Thought I would take a break from the tomb and upload some pics of some of my necrons
I painted this necron lord a while back. I have debated whether or not to strip and repaint him now that my painting skills are a bit better.

I wanted his resurrection orb to be something other than a solid color. I was going for a shifting crystal ball kind of look.
As you can tell the main colors of the army are a silver and copper color.

I wanted a way to distinguish between my two warrior squads. My latest batch I am working on I decided to try this metallic green color. I have lost the rods for them though, so I am going to try and find an alternate color to further distinguish between the squads.

This is my original squad colors with the standard green rods.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Necron Tomb Updates

I created these lights/beacons/whatever they are out of foam core and those clear beads that you sometimes see in fish tanks.

The accent grooves were made using a hot knife foam cutter from my local hobby shop. I was going to curve the tops of the larger columns to match the smaller ones, but they just didn't look right. My wife suggested the grooves and I am pretty happy with them.
The symbol and door frame were also cut from foam core. Also complements of my lovely wife.

I am considering putting one of these on the tops of each tower instead of simply leaving them flat. I am going to have to find some way to smooth the sides though.
I tried using plaster to smooth the sides. I am fairly pleased with the results. The only downside is the drying time. I will have to wait till tomorrow before I can do anything else to it.
This is the overall look so far. The look is not exactly like I had originally envisioned, but once I get it painted up I think it will be a good looking tomb entrance.

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Necron Tomb Entrance

This is a picture of a Necron tomb entrance that I found while going through the Necron codex. Me and a buddy are currently playing through a Necron campaign, and i thought a Necron tomb as a piece of terrain would be a good idea.
This is my preliminary mockup of the tomb entrance. The entire structure is made from foam core.
The two accent pieces on front were created using foam insulation bought from the local hardware store.
I still need to add two more taller structure pieces, as well as putting some sort of top on the two tall tower pieces.